Delaware’s Premier Foot and Ankle Specialist
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW YOU MEDICAL INFORMATION MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED, AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW THIS CAREFULLY.
UNDERSTANDING YOUR HEALTH RECORD INFORMATION
Each time you visit a hospital, physician, or other healthcare provider, a record of your visit is made. This record includes symptom, examinations, diagnosis, test results, and treatments. This information serves as a means of communication among health care professionals who contribute to your care. Understanding what is in your record and how it is used allow for a better understanding and more informed decision when authorizing disclosure to others.
YOUR HEALTHY INFORMATION RIGHTS
Unless otherwise required by law, your health record is the physical property of the healthcare provider. The information belongs to you. You have the right to request a restriction on certain uses and disclosures of your information, and request amendments to your health record.
This office is required to maintain the privacy of your health information. We will also provide you with a notice as to our legal duties and privacy practices with respect to the information we collect and maintain about you. We reserve the right to change our practices and to make the new provisions effective for all protected healthy information we maintain. Should our information practices change, we will mail a revised notice the address in your records. We will not disclose health information without your authorization, except as described above.
EXAMPLES OF DISCLOSURE FOR TREATMENT, PAYMENT, AND OPERATIONS
- We will use your health information for treatment. For example, information obtained by a healthcare provider will be recorded and used to determine the course of treatment that will work best for you.
- We will use your health information for payment. For example, a bill may be sent to your or a third party payer. The information on the form will include identifiers such as your name, diagnosis, procedures and supplies used.
- We will use your health information for regular health operations. For example, the physician mand staff may review your information to assess the care and outcome in the effort to continually improve the quality and effectiveness of the healthcare and services we provide.
- We will use your health information for business associates. For example, if you are referred to the emergency department, radiology, laboratory, another physician, or any other healthcare facility, we may disclose the information needed so they can preform the job we've asked them to do. We expect business associates to appropriately safeguard your information.
- We will use your health information for Workman's compensation. We may disclose health information to the extend necessary to comply with established laws regarding Workman's compensation.
- We will use you health information for Public Health. As required by law, we will disclose your information for tracking births, deaths, preventing or controlling diseases, injury, or disability.
- We will use your health information for correctional institutions. If you are an inmate, we may disclose information for the health and safety of others. As inmate does not have the right to the Notice of Privacy Practices.
- We will use your health information for law enforcement. We may disclose information for law enforcement purposes, or in response to a valid subpoena.
NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICE AVAILABILITY
This notice will be provided to all patients' requesting a copy. Please ask a staff member for a copy.